Tuesday, March 8, 2011

A layer of drywall, a ladle of spackle, and a dash of dust.

Ok, ok, I know. It's been for-ev-er since my last post. I tried oh so hard to post an entry on Feb 28th when I realized that I only had one post for the entire month of February. But obviously, that didn't work out. In my defense, February is only 28 days long, so it's not like I had a normal month to get all my blogging in. (It makes sense in my head...) February, 2011 was a big month! Let's recap:

I hit the big 3-0. I had an amazing sushi dinner with 15 of my bestest, organized by Hubby, including a nice little roast. Hmph. We won't discuss the visuals... I also had an awesome dinner party hosted by Ma, complete with my fave! I can't complain about 29, but 30 is going to be a good year too! I know it!

Sheba and Shaggy have BOTH found furever homes!! I couldn't be happier for these furkids! I get goosebumps when I think about it. They both waited so so long for the right family to come along and it looks like they've each hit a jackpot. It saddens me to think about how much time they spent living in a kennel, but I know they'll make up for lost time. Best of luck to these 2 special pooches!

We bought a house! While it isn't our dream house, it is our right now house, and while it wasn't the smoothest, most painless process, it was totally worth it. Or at least that's what I'm telling myself now while the entire house, and my contacts, are covered in dust. It wasn't pretty when we first walked in, but we have visions, and as someone once described her home to me, it wrapped it's arms around me the second I crossed the threshold. We're in the throes of an almost complete cosmetic renovation that must be done by the end of March. The kitchen will be the last interior project, as right now it is about 1/3 the size it could be, and there are 3 different types of cabinets in there. But it's ours, and I can't wait to get back to cooking!

In the true spirit of Dinner & Dogs, I'll leave you with a few visuals...
Dinner as of late:





Dogs as of late:

They claim they need rest to prepare for having a yard. I claim they're the cutest, laziest dogs I've ever loved.

Have a great day! I promise I'll be back soon! [After a trip to Florida (for work, promise!) and a move]

No comments:

Post a Comment